No, we don’t wear top hats and sing on roof tops but we do enjoy our job anyway! A chimney sweep with San Diego Chimney Sweeps you can expect a thorough and complete job.
We use specific tools to ensure the removal of soot, ash and creosote from your firebox, smoke shelf and flue. What a chimney sweep does is make sure all of these components are clean and working as they are supposed to. We use brushes, drills and a high powered vacuum for most jobs and are very careful not to leave a trace of the job being performed.
Part of every Chimney Sweep we perform is our custom report which you will receive a copy of once the sweep is complete.
You can expect our certified technicians to:
- Lay out drop cloths to prevent soot and ash from spreading around your home
- Use special brushes that go all the way up your chimney that reach all areas of the flue to scrape and brush away all soot, ash & creosote
- Use a HEPA filtered vacuum to trap any particulate from circulating in the home
- Brush all internal areas within the fireplace including the firebox, smoke shelf, damper and damper handle
- Go up on the roof and clean & inspect the cap, roof flashing, chimney crown and top of flue for damage or deterioration
- Go over all findings in the report with you and recommend any repairs or concerns
- Detail proper use of your fireplace including proper placement of grate and preferred fuel types
- Email your custom report to you for your files
- Answer any and all questions you have!
We genuinely look forward to providing you with peace of mind and would be proud to help you get your chimney in it’s best and most proper working order!